The Sidemen valley is a peaceful, rural environment where you will experience traditional Balinese village life. You will see the rice farmers going to their fields at first light or the village women heading to the early morning food market in Sidemen to find choice produce for their families. Spirituality is central Balinese traditional life. If you are fortunate you may experience the whole village dressed in ceremonial clothing, going to one of the many temples to pray.
There are many weavers in the area and if this is an interest of yours you can find out where the weavers make their cloth and buy samples in the local stores.
While you are here there are any number of activities that you can arrange through our staff. These include:
- Walking in the rice terraces and surrounding country (keep your eyes open for abundant bird life)
- High hill trekking (the more adventurous can climb Mt. Agung)
- Hill village walks
- Visit to the local market and cooking class
- Tour of weavers and weaving shops
- Visit to Besakih, the holiest temple complex in Bali
- Snorkeling in Amed or Padang Bai
- Explore the Water Palace at Tirtagangga
- Visit to Bali Aga traditional village of Tenganan (baskets made here)
- Trip to Kusamba traditional salt making area and a tour of Klunkung (antique shops, large markets, and Hall of Justice- fine paintings in the Klungkung style)
- Half-day class in basic Bahasa language
- River rafting
- Rent a scooter
- Rent a car (with or without driver) for the day
The staff at Kubu Tani can give you the prices for the above activities.